Thursday, October 12, 2006

Day 27 - Code Saver

**** Code updated - fixed issue causing screen saver not to exit

It's a screensaver, for code! It displays the *.cs (HAHA) code contained in the subdirectory and randomly changes every 30 seconds (I think... It's late...). Download the app, extract all files to a directory, and right click the ".scr" file. You should have "test" and "install" options - which work as advertised.

The download includes ALL AnAppADay.com source code flattened into the subdirectory. So out of box, it'll display all my code. I wanted to make it scroll the code and such, but I'm pooped. I didn't screenshot as it's a pain to screenshot a screensaver. It's late and I haven't slept in a while. Enjoy!

Download the screensaver here
Download the source here


Download DaemonCollector's modded version here (don't blame me)
This sweet mod makes the text for the code type itself onto the screen. It also has configuration options for text color, and code location. While the "debug" mode didn't work for me (Vista B2), word has it that on XP enabling that feature causes it to open random binaries and print the ASM! Wow!

11 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay...what's the use for this?

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Haha Very Cool I like

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scrolling version that types out the code is done :) Just want to add some config and cleanup and i'll push it out :P

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Ken said...

rats...it won't work on my XP pro sp2.
the error box say it "...has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I've enjoyed several other progs though!!

thanks.

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On my system with two monitors, when I move the mouse or hit a key the screensaver only goes away on the monitor that was last active, and won't go away from the other monitor. I have to kill the AnAppADay.CodeSaver.ScreenSaver.scr process.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats the point??
or ro
??tniop eht stahw

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger John said...

it's really easy to take a screenshot. Just wait for the screensaver to come up and when it does press Print Screen. open paint and press ctrl + v and your done (aside from saving).

~The_Sith

 
At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad this only supports .cs files. My whole codebase is in java.

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The modded version accepts any file :)

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dc, any way to get the source? i'd like to speed up the automatic typing speed.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey anyone got the daemon version that accepts any code. The link for the website is down and I would love to have it.

my email is paddymcshamrock@hotmail.com if someone has it and could send it to me or a link.

thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home